It’s been a second everyone! Sorry about that but ya know….life. haha. Which leads me to our topic today, being busy. I wanted to do a tips and tricks post about how to:
- Keep your cool
- NOT have an anxiety attack
- Remain organized without getting flustered and
- Stay effective with good time management.
I know. It’s not easy to remain calm when the busy anxiety takes over but let’s try to find a remedy together to at least ease it. 🙂
Tip #1-Make a List!!
- A list will help you get the millions of ideas and thoughts out of your brain and onto paper. I write down EVERYTHING all day long. It will aid your stress, trust me. Prioritize your tasks from most important to least important and go from there. I take my planner everywhere because it helps to get all these thoughts out of your brain. To-do lists are vital to keeping your sanity intact.
Tip #2-Find quick and easy ways to de-stress.
- Finding an easy way to unwind through the day is crucial. I use a breathing technique that runs through my Apple Watch. It helps me slow down and regroup for just a bit when i feel like I’m about to panic. Stress relief strategies such as breathing exercises can help you to turn off your body’s stress reaction so you put a halt to chronic stress and can get back to your busy life. Do what works for you!
Tip #3-More sleep!
- You HAVE to slow down and get the correct amount of sleep. Sleep is crucial for your body to recuperate and be completely alert for the new day. I know, I know….we just don’t have time to sleep. Helpful hint? Make time! Seriously, it makes all the difference in your busy day. When your schedule is really busy, the first thing we think to cut is our sleep. Don’t do that! This is because it can leave you feeling lethargic and lead to errors that take more time out of your day to correct. Go to bed and catch your Zzz’s. Here’s the updated and suggested amount of sleep for your age group:
- Newborns (0-3 months): Sleep range narrowed to 14-17 hours each day (previously it was 12-18).
- Infants (4-11 months): Sleep range widened two hours to 12-15 hours (previously it was 14-15).
- Toddlers (1-2 years): Sleep range widened by one hour to 11-14 hours (previously it was 12-14).
- Preschoolers (3-5): Sleep range widened by one hour to 10-13 hours (previously it was 11-13).
- School age children (6-13): Sleep range widened by one hour to 9-11 hours (previously it was 10-11).
- Teenagers (14-17): Sleep range widened by one hour to 8-10 hours (previously it was 8.5-9.5).
- Younger adults (18-25): Sleep range is 7-9 hours (new age category).
- Adults (26-64): Sleep range did not change and remains 7-9 hours.
- Older adults (65+): Sleep range is 7-8 hours (new age category).
Tip #4-Keep a positive attitude.
- Does your attitude play on your productiveness and stress level? ABSOLUTELY! Your experience of stress hinges on your attitude and what you tell yourself about your situation. For example, learning to view stress as a ‘challenge’ rather than a threat can leave you feeling more energized. Try to stay upbeat about your busy and OWN IT!
Tip #5-Start saying NO!
- People have different reasons for being busy, but many people find themselves busy no matter what their circumstances because they have trouble saying no to other people’s demands on their time. I am for sure one of them. I’ve had to learn to stop stretching myself so thin and just say no. You can help people by all means. Helping is vital to kindness BUT don’t do it when you begin sabotaging yourself. so STOP! Take care of your lists and busy days first. If you have time after then great, enjoy helping others but don’t sacrifice your own personal progress. 🙂
Tip #6-Take a break.
- You have to, have to, have to give yourself some time to yourself. Put the phone down and back away. You’ve got to make time to relax and not think about the busy. I like to put my phone in another room and catch up on some TV or read a book for at least an hour a day. Do what works best for you. Whether it’s music, TV, books, movies, sitting outside, coloring, whatever! Just do it!
Tip #7-Let other people help you and release some control.
- If someone wants to help you with your tasks during the day, week, or month then let them!! I have such a hard time letting people help me so I get it but learning to let go is super important. We all need help at times. It’s tough to relinquish some control to someone else due to the fear of them not doing it right, messing up, etc but that’s life. Ask for help. Give help. Receive help.
Tip #8-Stay Organized!
- There’s nothing worse than trying to get stuff done and it being scattered everywhere. Organize your desk, organize your life. Keep binders, planners, notebooks, phone calendars, scheduling, etc in perfect order. Of course, we’re not perfect all the time and things get messy but an unorganized work space can do some serious damage to your state of mind. Don’t make the stress any worse than it has to be.
Tip #9-One task at a time.
- Take it one thing at a time. Doing so many things at once is a recipe for disaster because you’re not putting 100% effort in. You’re spreading it thin instead by not completing your list one task at a time. Let yourself be immersed in this task by letting go of the feeling that you need to quickly rush through it – that you need to move on to the next task waiting for you. There will always be a next task, because that’s the nature of TO-DO lists – they’re never-ending. So let those later tasks come later. Just be 100% in this one task, like it’s your entire world.
Tip #10-Don’t underestimate the power of affirmations.
- I cannot stress enough that being nice to yourself is the key to confidence and getting stuff done. Wake up every single morning and say some of these (or your own made up ones) OUT LOUD! I got these from one of my very favorite bloggers, Cara Alwill Leyba at caraalwill.com. She’s an amazing human as well as a phenomenal Master Life Coach. I don’t miss a single one of her posts! Thanks for these, Cara! ♥ Check out these that she came up with:
– Today I wake up filled with gratitude and light
– I am so excited about what this day will bring and all the opportunities I am about to create
– I begin my day with clarity, confidence, and faith
– I feel healthy, sexy, strong, and beautiful in my body
– I get to choose the woman I want to be today
– I feel grounded and centered today
– Today I get to give love and spread positivity to those around me. I get to make people’s lives a little better
– I always make the best decisions and I trust my gut because that bitch knows what’s up!
– I am always guided and I know that what is for me will not pass me
– Today is about to be the best day of my life!
Well, there you go my beautiful Unicorns! I hope this helps with your daily tasks and busy life. Remember, take it day by day. You’ve got this and you can handle anything life throws at you. Just keep going! Love you all!
With love and magic,